– My friend and I were the only two Brazilians attending our school, so naturally we convinced everyone we were sisters.
– I once convinced someone that the minions actually spoke antiquated Spanish and proceeded to “translate”.
– One time at a friend's birthday party, I pretended to spill tea on myself to cover up the fact that I peed my pants.
– I told a guy I had to go to a friend’s birthday party so that I could leave the boring, boring date.
– I told Daylen I was a qualified cover artist.
– My parents think that the first time I ever got drunk was when I was 17...which is technically true. I was 17 minus 3 :)
– In the third grade, I pretended to have a metal rod in my leg. Sometimes, it would get stuck, so I’d go around limping, due to the metal rod—which is definitely in my leg—definitely being stuck.
– I told my mom that I wanted to be a woman.
– I pretended not to have a concussion so that the school would let me write an English exam.
– I told a girl I didn’t have feelings for her because I felt too short.
– I convinced this girl in my elementary school that I threw her out of a window in daycare, because I thought having a connection to someone would help me make friends at school. I’m pretty sure she still believes it, but if she were to look at pictures from daycare she wouldn’t see me.
– I’m happy. JK. Or am I? Too many lies to keep track of.
Photo by Dinu Mahapatuna