Dr. Plant's Science Puns
by Jie Yu Li and Sarah Mailhot, with special contribution from Kaylie Terauds
October 18, 2018 | Sciences
Y’all wanna start with a joke about sodium or Na?
I thought so too, so here are some fun facts instead:
- I heard that science students torqued when they went out.
- It is easier to stay awake until 6 AM than to wake up at 6 AM, because things in motion tend to stay in motion, whereas things at rest tend to stay at rest.
- It is known that 7 ate 9, but have you ever wondered why? Because you have to eat 3 square meals a day.
- You can make beer out of root beer by putting it in a square cup.
- Chemists’ favorite dogs are labs.
- There are two types of people in this world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
- The best books are those about anti-gravity, because they are so hard to put down.
- The fundamental question of “Watt is love?” has yet to be answered by the world’s best philosophers.
I hope I didn’t drive you hexane with these jokes. Amine they are pretty basic! On my end, I found them to be quite humerus.